- physician-grade products
- based on latest research
- clinically-relevant dosing
- purity-tested ingredients
THE NATURAL WAY TO BALANCE CORTISOL AND DE-STRESS
Cortisol Balance helps your body prevent and protect against everyday stress. The ingredients in this multi-functional formula have been shown to encourage healthy cortisol levels, help combat occasional fatigue, improve mental clarity, support relaxation and promote restful sleep.
- Aids the Body Deal with the Physiological Effects of Stress
- Encourages Healthy Cortisol Levels
- Promotes Relaxation and Restful Sleep
- Improves Mental Clarity
- Helps Combat Occasional Fatigue
Cortisol Balance is a multi-functional herbal supplement that has a large variety of benefits for individuals seeking help in reducing everyday stress. The ingredients are clinically tested and patented. The herbs support the over-stressed body and mind balance. They decrease many of the biochemical changes that occur as a result of repeated, frequent exposure to stressors and cortisol.
Relora is a patented blend of Magnolia officinal. Phellodendron amurense bark extracts standardized to honokiol and berberine. These herbs have a history of decreasing stress and feelings of anxiousness. More recently, they are used to promote relaxation and discourage stress. Rodent stress studies show a decrease in feelings of anxiousness. Human studies show positive changes in DHEA and cortisol levels. They also show less weight gain, and reductions in perceived stress. Anxiousness also decreased in subjects taking Relora (500 mg to 750 mg for four to six weeks). For example, 56 subjects were studied. Their cortisol exposure and psychological mood were measured taking Relora (250 mg twice daily). After four weeks, salivary cortisol exposure was lower (−18%) in the Relora group compared to placebo. The Relora group also had significantly better mood state parameters, including lower indices of overall stress (−11%), tension (−13%), anger (−42%), occasional fatigue (−31%), and confusion (−27%).
Sensoril is a patented extraction process produces stress-prevention cognition-enhancing ashwagandha bioactive constituents. Sensoril is made with a minimum of 10% glycowithanolides. Sensoril’s is one of the most comprehensive and safest of any ashwagandha ingredient sold.
Ashwagandha has been used to help balance, invigorate, and recharge the body. It is also used for its value as a cognition enhancer. Sensoril has a variety of health benefits, and its superior efficacy has been demonstrated in randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled human clinical trials. The conclusion of these trials showed that Sensoril encourages healthy cortisol and DHEA levels. It also promotes working memory, reaction time, and cognitive capacity. Additionally, it improved auditory-verbal memory and increased endothelial function. Other benefits were glucose and lipid metabolism.
Suntheanine is a pure form of L-theanine. It is made via a patented fermentation process. The fermentation process results in a 100% pure L-isomer-theanine. Research concludes that 50 to 200 mg/d of Suntheanine naturally stimulates activity in the brain known as alpha waves. They are linked with a content and alert mental state of mind. They also are associated with a relaxed but alert mental state. L-theanine decreased stress on experimental animals under psychosocial stress. In humans, the same results occurred. L-theanine resisted biochemical changes associated with stress. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, a high dose of Suntheanine (400 mg/d) given to boys, aged 8-12 years, increased sleep quality. This includes a higher sleep percentage and sleep efficiency scores. There was a trend for less sleep activity as well.
Banaba Leaf (1% Corosolic Acid) and Maral Extracts Banaba leaf (Lagerstroemia speciosa) has been used in folk medicine for a long time. It is used particularly in Southeast Asia, as a glucose modulator. Animal and human research on banaba leaf and its actives, suggest various factors that influence glucose and lipid metabolism. Furthermore, corosolic acid disrupts the enzyme that converts cortisone to cortisol. Maral extract (Rhaponticum carthamoides) has been used in traditional Siberian medicine. It is used to treat common weakness resulting from illness. Furthermore, it can be used as a stimulant and to encourage male sexual function.
The bio-active components are ecdysteroids, flavonoids, and phenolic acids. A review of maral chemistry and pharmacology calls it an “adaptogenic herbal remedy.” Furthermore, preliminary animal research suggests that maral decreases corticosterone levels. It also benefits glucose and fat metabolism.
Count: 60 vegetarian capsules
Suggested use: Take one capsule twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Storage: Keep in cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Does not contain: Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial preservatives.
1. Sufka KJ, Roach JT, Chambliss WG Jr, et al. Anxiolytic properties of botanical extracts in the chick social separation-stress procedure. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2001 Jan 1;153(2):219-24. [PMID: 11205422]
2. LaValle JB, Hawkins EB. Botanicals in dietary supplements: Stress and anxiety: the potential benefit of a proprietary combination of magnolia and phellodendron extracts. Dana Point, CA: Integrative Health Resources; 2013:1-15.
3. Talbott SM, Talbott JA, Pugh M. Effect of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense (Relora®) on cortisol and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013 Aug 7;10(1):37. [PMID: 23924268]
4. Garrison R, Chambliss WG. Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on weight management: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Altern Ther Health Med. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):50-54. [PMID: 16454147]
5. Kalman DS, Feldman S, Feldman R, et al. Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on stress levels in healthy women: a pilot, double-blind, placebo- controlled clinical trial. Nutr J. 2008 Apr 21;7:11. [PMID: 18426577]
6. Pingali U, Pilli R, Fatima N. Effect of standardized aqueous extract of Withania somnifera on tests of cognitive and psychomotor performance in healthy human participants. Pharmacognosy Res. 2014 Jan;6(1):12-18. [PMID: 24497737]
7. Chengappa KN, Bowie CR, Schlicht PJ, et al. Randomized placebo-controlled adjunctive study of an extract of withania somnifera for cognitive dysfunction in bipolar disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013 Nov;74(11):1076-83. [PMID: 24330893]
8. Auddy B, Hazra J, Mitra A, et al. A standardized Withania somnifera extract significantly reduces stress-related parameters in chronically stressed humans; a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. JANA. 2008;11(1):50-56.
9. Pingali U, Pilli R, Fatima N. Effect of Withania somnifera extract on mental stress induced changes in hemodynamic properties and arterial wave reflections in healthy subjects. Curr Top Nutraceutical Res. 2013;11(4):151-158. [on file]
10. PingaliU,FatimaN,KumarCU,etal.EvaluationofahighlystandardizedWithania somnifera extract on endothelial dysfunction and biomarkers of oxidative stress in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study. Int J Ayur Pharma Research. 2014;2(3):22-32.
11. NobreAC,RaoA,OwenGN.L-theanine,anaturalconstituentintea,anditseffecton mental state. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:167-8. [PMID: 18296328]
12. TianX,SunL,GouL,etal.Protectiveeffectofl-theanineonchronicrestraintstress- induced cognitive impairments in mice. Brain Res. 2013 Mar 29;1503:24-32. [PMID: 23395732]
13. UnnoK,TanidaN,IshiiN,etal.Anti-stresseffectoftheanineonstudentsduring pharmacy practice: positive correlation among salivary α-amylase activity, trait anxiety and subjective stress. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2013 Oct;111:128-35. [PMID: 24051231]
14. YotoA,MotokiM,MuraoS,etal.EffectsofL-theanineorcaffeineintakeonchangesin blood pressure under physical and psychological stresses. J Physiol Anthropol. 2012 Oct 29;31:28. [PMID: 23107346]
15. LyonMR,KapoorMP,JunejaLR.TheeffectsofL-theanine(Suntheanine®)onobjective sleep quality in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Altern Med Rev. 2011 Dec;16(4):348-54. [PMID: 22214254]
16. MiuraT,TakagiS,IshidaT.Managementofdiabetesanditscomplicationswithbanaba (lagerstroemia speciosa l.) and corosolic acid. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:871495. [PMID: 23082086]
17. MiuraT,ItohY,KanekoT,etal.CorosolicacidinducesGLUT4translocationingenetically type 2 diabetic mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004 Jul;27(7):1103-05. [PMID: 15256748]
18. RollingerJM,KratschmarDV,SchusterD,etal.11beta-Hydroxysteroiddehydrogenase 1 inhibiting constituents from Eriobotrya japonica revealed by bioactivity-guided isolation and computational approaches. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010 Feb 15;18(4):1507- 15. [PMID: 20100662]
19. DushkinM,KhrapovaM,KovshikG,etal.Effectsofrhaponticumcarthamoidesversus glycyrrhiza glabra and punica granatum extracts on metabolic syndrome signs in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014 Jan 20;14:33. [PMID: 24444255]
20. KokoskaL,JanovskaD.ChemistryandpharmacologyofRhaponticumcarthamoides:a review. Phytochemistry. 2009 May;70(7):842-55. [PMID: 19457517]
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.